Friday, October 10, 2008

Sentence Structure analysis - Sentence Examples

1. Simple Sentences
a. She gives a present to me.
She gave me a present yesterday.
b. I give him a hug.
I gave him a hug to congradulate him last week in the graduation ceremony.
c.I wait him for 30 minutes!
I waited him for thirty minutes yesterday outside the cinema.

2. Compound sentences
a.I want to eat candy but I am ill.
I wanted to eat candy but I was ill.

b.I meet Kate and go to the restaurant.
I met Kate and went to the restaurant yesterday.
c. I want to get the good result in the exam so I study hard.
I wanted to get the good result in the exam so I studied hard.

3. Complex Sentences
a. She says, "I will come to your home." Reported speech => She said that she would come to my home.
b. The book which belongs to Kelly is put on my desk.
c. My friend who has a rich boy friend is studying in a famous school in Hong Kong Island.
c.When I go out,it begins to rain, my clothes get wet.

No comments: